Choose (Journey to Healing)



Have you ever experience something that felt so unforgiving? Something that scared you from loving. Something that kept you from forgiving. Scared you from ever letting anyone in. Overall kept you from healing and reaching your fullest potential. This week I dealt with something that never in my life, I would have thought would be resolved. A lot of us deal with abandonment or trust issues and we tend to not forgive as easily. And this week God revealed to me that in order for me to work through my abandonment issues and heal from situations with people, I had to choose to acknowledge that I was not okay. 

I was not okay with the things that occurred years ago but I fooled myself into believing that I was good. It then dawned on me... I had to choose. In this life we all have free will and there are some things we simply do not have control over. We can choose to be happy or we can choose to be negative. We can choose to let go or we can choose to hold on. I had to choose to forgive. I had to choose to let go of the past. I had to choose to love again, choose to trust again. Choose to smile and choose to heal. And I had to choose to accept that I cannot go back and change the past. We cannot change the past but we can choose to fix what has been broken. 

My challenge for you is to dig deep and reflect on a situation that you tried to forget. Did you truly forgive that situation and yourself? Does that situation still keep keep you from loving with every ounce of you? How do you react when you think about that person or situation? Most of us walk around with a whole heap of things not addressed and it keeps us from reaching true peace, happiness, and success. Growing and healing is uncomfortable but I promise it's worth it. I'm really starting to see that. 

Comments