It's A Belief Thing

 


Going to college is an adventure all in it's own. You get to meet many people, experience so many new things, receive so many opportunities... But the personal journey in college is crazy all on it's own. It is like figuring out yourself outside of college, but 4 times faster. But I say that to say, in college you will go through a whole bunch of changes, physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. You will find out things about yourself that you would have never known probably for years to come,  you're going to have to deal with issues and situations you thought you ran away from, and you are going to have your beliefs and ideals challenged. That's really what this post is about, having your beliefs challenged.

Recently I have been dealing with the task of unpacking my beliefs. Simply figuring out what I truly believe in and why I believe in it. I used to be fearful of questioning my beliefs because I was scared that it would deter me from what I have always known and also I think part of me did not want to be seen as a rebel. But now I am comfortable in saying having your beliefs challenged just solidifies your beliefs. I believe God places people and situations to guide us in self-exploration and part of self-exploration is figuring out of your own ideologies. There are going to be people who come along that make you think and believe me...thinking is good. Often times we go along with things because that is all we know or that is all we been taught, sometimes we fear what others may think, and if you believe in God like I do, we fear going against God (I will talk about that in another post) . Do not allow fear to keep you from growing and knowing more about who you are. It is okay to want and seek more knowledge. It is okay for people to believe different than you. You encountering people with different beliefs is only expanding your knowledge, solidifying your beliefs, and allows you to be confident in your ideals and allows you to communicate your ideals in way that doesn't take away from you or another persons belief. So again, be open to challenging your beliefs, you're a step closer to your own truth. 


Comments